Navaratna Nine Gems in Hindu Astrology
Navaratna is a Sanskrit word which means “nine gems” and is related to the nine planets or Navagraha in Hindu Vedic astrology. The word Nava means ‘nine’ and Ratna means ‘gem’. Each gemstone is related to one Graha among the Navgrahas. Navaratna gemstones are considered auspicious and believed to give good health, prosperity, happiness and peace of mind to those who wear it. It protects against negative energies or malefic effects of planets and strengthens the positive influences of the gems.
Navaratna Gemstones and their Planetary Representations
1) Ruby – Manikkam or Manek – Lord Surya or Sun
2) Pearl – Moti – Lord Chandra or Moon
3) Red Coral – Moonga – Lord Kuja or Planet Mars
4) Emerald – Marakatam or Panna – Lord Budh or Mercury
5) Yellow Sapphire – Pukharaj – Jupiter or Lord Guru
6) Diamond – Heera or Vairam – Venus or Lord Shukra
7) Blue Sapphire – Neelam – Saturn or Lord Shani
8) Hessonite – Gomedh – Lord Rahu
9) Cat’s Eye – Vaiduryam – Lord Ketu
There are no reviews yet.